5 Cups low sodium chicken broth
2 Cups water
1/2 Cup white wine
5 slices bacon
4 Cups chopped leeks
1 tsp. dried thyme
2 minced garlic cloves
2 cups arborio rice
1 1/2 tbs. unsalted butter
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. sea salt
3/4 cup grated parmesan
1 tbs. olive oil
1. Bring chicken broth & water to a simmer over medium heat (do not boil)
2. Cook bacon to over medium heat until crispy and remove from pan. Crumble the bacon.
3. Add olive oil to pan. Add leeks, garlic & thyme to pan. Saute 3 minutes or until tender.
4. Add rice to pan. Pour white wine over rice and let it absorb.
5. Stir rice. Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth and let it absorb. Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time letting it completely absorb each time. Reserve 3/4 cup broth for later.
6. Stir in butter, pepper, salt & parmesan & remove from heat.
7. Add in the 3/4 cup reserved broth.
8. Top with crumbled bacon. Serve.
This is a perfect side dish for any meal or you could also add grilled chicken to this and make a meal out of it.